June 30, 2022 – Adventure Begins at the 2022 El Paso County Fair July 16 – 23 in Calhan, Colorado. 2022 will mark the 117th event honoring the County’s rich history and traditions, welcoming a new generation of fairgoers, and providing educational and entertainment to visitors of all ages.
General Admission tickets are $8 for adults, $6.00 for seniors (55+), and $4.00 for youth (3-12 years), allowing a family of four an all-day adventure for under $25!
“The El Paso County Fair has been a long-standing tradition for our community,” said Todd Marts, El Paso County Community Services Executive Director. “We are proud to offer unique entertainment for our community to adventure locally at a reasonable cost.”
General admission tickets offer unique, free adventures throughout the Fairgrounds. The adventure begins with the main daily entertainment including The Nerveless Nocks who are pioneers in the thrill show industry, producing nostalgic and state of the art thrill and stunt shows that date back to the early 1900s. Full of surprises and laugh-out-loud canine comedy, Puppy Pals is a fan favorite for children of all ages. This is not only a show loved by all but a family fun adventure in every performance as the audience is invited to take part in the show. The Cool Zoo features interactive exhibits for attendees to adventure with alligators, coconut crabs, snakes, a giant tortoise, lemur, kangaroo, and more.
The adventure continues with nightly ticketed events including the Gary Laffew Invitational Bull Riding presented by Potestio Brothers Equipment, NSPA Truck & Tractor Pull presented by HBS Trash Services, Auto Races presented by Sunbelt Rentals, and the Demolition Derby presented by NAPA Auto Parts, Calhan.
A concert series is back by popular demand with Curtis Grimes on Saturday, July 16. SofaKillers will be featured at the Fair on Thursday, July 21 after the Truck and Tractor Pull. Local bands Exit West and Ashlee & The Longshot Revival complete the series on Friday, July 22 and Saturday, July 23 respectively. Fairgoers can enjoy the concert series, which is free with general admission.
Additional entertainment and engagement adventures include a car show, ranch rodeo, barrel race, Far Zone, Fair Queen’s Corner presented by Pikes Peak Library District, and carnival rides. The Fair also offers a variety of vendors for unique shopping, food selections, and services.
An El Paso County Fair cornerstone is the project presentations by local 4-H and FFA youth. Featured will be livestock shows, table-top exhibitions, a miniature horse show, llama and alpaca costume contest, a fashion show, and the El Paso County Fair Junior Livestock Auction.
“Youth are our future and we have a great group of young people working hard, standing out, showcasing their talents,” said Todd Marts, El Paso County Community Services Executive Director. “These programs continue to thrive, offering our youth engaging opportunities to learn, create, and grow.”
To purchase event tickets online and for a complete schedule of events go to www.elpasocountyfair.com or call (719) 520-7880.
Major Evening Entertainment- Ticketed Performances
- Saturday, July 16 Gary Laffew Invitational Bull Riding with Curtis Grimes
- Thursday, July 21 NSPA Truck & Tractor Pull with SofaKillers
- Friday, July 22 Auto Races with Exit West
- Saturday, July 23 Demolition Derby with Ashlee & The Longshot Revival
2022 Theme & Discount Days
- Saturday, July 16 | Agriculture Day
- Sunday, July 17| Western/Hispanic Heritage Day
- Monday, July 18 | El Paso County Day (Free admission for all)
- Tuesday, July 19 | Senior Day (55+ get $3 admission, free breakfast at 9 am and free slice of pie at noon)
- Wednesday, July 20 | Dollar Day ($1 general admission)
- Thursday, July 21 | Family Day ($20 for 2 adults & up to 4 youth)
- Friday, July 22 | Military Appreciation Day (Free admission for military & dependent family with ID)
- Saturday, July 23 | First Responder & Heroes Day ($1 off general admission for all first responders)