AN APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED
to drop off co-mingled recycling at El Paso County
3255 Akers Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80922
ITEMS ACCEPTED FOR RECYCLING:
All items must be clean prior to drop off (free of food, liquid, dirt, etc.)
* Cardboard: Old Corrugated Cardboard [OCC] only (must be flattened)
* Glass: Food & Beverage only (no lids/corks)
* Aluminum Cans
* Tin Cans (must discard paper)
* Office Paper: No shiny paper (such as wrapping paper), no paper smaller than 8 ½ x 11”
- Porcelain recycling will also be available for drop off at the same time in its own dumpster. (Toilets, sinks, ceramic tiles, granite, and marble countertops, etc. All non-porcelain parts must be removed prior to drop off. Items must be put in 4 ft. dumpster without staff assistance.) The County is partnering with Colorado Springs Utilities to recycle porcelain for use in local roads.
If the item you are looking to recycle is not listed here, it will NOT be accepted in the bins. You may refer to the online Recycling Directory for alternate options.
Register for an appointment online at the links below or call
719-520-7878 or 719-520-7839
- Appointment for December 2023: www.recyclingapptsdec2023.eventbrite.com
Note: If you need to dispose of household hazardous waste items (paints, household cleaners, automotive products, electronics, etc.), please visit the Household Hazardous Waste page to make a separate appointment and for further information.
Some services may not be available during inclement weather (wind, rain, snow, ice, etc.)
You are encouraged to call 520-7878 or 520-7879 to determine status prior to coming to the facility or visit the following links:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE LIABILITY RELEASE & CERTIFICATION STATEMENT: I hereby declare and affirm of my own personal knowledge that the items delivered to the El Paso County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility was, in fact, generated through household use and is not business or commercial subject to federal or state waste regulations. I understand that should I surrender any data containing device to the El Paso County Household Hazardous Waste Facility for recycling it is solely my responsibility to protect my personal information. I further agree to defend, indemnify, and hold El Paso County harmless from and against any and all liabilities, demands, claims, damages, suits, judgments and decrees, and court awards including costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees, on account of injuries to or death of any person or persons or damage to any property or personal information arising out of or related to my willful misconduct or negligent acts, errors or omissions for the duration of my participation. I understand that the items will be accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility in reliance on the accuracy and truth of my foregoing declaration / affirmation.