The El Paso County Household Hazardous Waste Facility is located at 3255 Akers Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80922. The facility is open to accept hazardous waste Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:45 p.m. and the second Saturday of each month from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Call 719-520-7878 for information.
Typical household hazardous waste is accepted from El Paso and Teller County residents at no charge. All other select waste for businesses is subject to approval and fees. Please call for more information.
Note: If you have paint totaling more than 50 gallons and/or a large load of hazardous waste items, an appointment is required. Please call 719-520-7879 or email KathyAndrew@elpasoco.com to schedule the appointment or for further questions.
For all non-El Paso/Teller county residents, please visit the Colorado Department of Health & Environment’s list of hazardous waste collection programs to find the site nearest you.
- Do not mix products
- Do not place chemicals in a plastic bag, stand upright in a box or tub
- Keep products in original containers
- Secure products so they won’t leak
- Ensure the container is clean and free of leaves and other debris
- Motor oil is limited to 10 gallons per household per month and must come in a container that can be left at the site. The container must be no larger than 5 gallons and must be clean and free of debris.
- We accept items that contain mercury (thermometers and thermostats). Please call 520-7878 to verify acceptance or referrals for all other items containing mercury.