The El Paso County Household Hazardous Waste Facility is located at 3255 Akers Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80923. The facility is open to accept hazardous waste Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:45 p.m. and the second Saturday of each month from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Call 719-520-7878 for information.
Typical household hazardous waste is accepted from El Paso and Teller County Residents at no charge. All other waste is subject to approval and fees.
- Do not mix products
- Do not place chemicals in a plastic bag, stand upright in a box or tub
- Keep products in original containers
- Secure products so they won’t leak
- Ensure the container is clean and free of leaves and other debris
- Motor oil is limited to 10 gallons per household per month and must come in a container that can be left at the site. The container must be clean and free of debris.